Welcome! The Virginia Association of Clinical Counselors is the Commonwealth’s chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association. We have been serving the needs of Virginia's clinical counselors since 1980.
Our primary mission is to advocate for the clinical counseling profession in Virginia. In order to promote and protect our profession, we have government and advocacy committees, an ethics and standards committee, and we host several workshops each year across the state. For more information about VACC and the history of our achievements and contributions on behalf of our profession, click on the About link.
Our website has many useful tools and links. You can connect to other organizations from our website, including the Virginia Board of Counselors and many graduate counseling programs in our state. We also provide links to all of your state and federal legislators. In addition, you can list yourself as a supervisor or use the Member's Spotlight page to market your practice.
- Our President is Theresa Johnson-Sion. You can reach her at email@example.com or 757-729-4241.
- Our Treasurer is Theresa Johnson-Sion. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-729-4241.
- Our Membership Committee is chaired by Tara White. Tara White can be contacted at email@example.com.
- You can also link to all of our Board members under the link Board Members.
- The Communications Committee is responsible for website updates, newsletter publishing, and e-mail contact. Please contact the Chair - Mike Nahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-721-3733. The mailing address is P.O. Box 7066 Virginia Beach, VA 23457.
- Our Executive Director is Katie Hellebush. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Our Webmaster is Mike Griffin. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to VACC!