VACC is the state chapter of the American Mental Health Counseling Association. Your VACC board is looking forward to another year of service and commitment on your behalf. Your membership supports VACC's mission to promote the professional status of clinical counselors in our state.
- Discounts of Workshops and Conferences- VACC routinely discounts its workshops for VACC members. For the last two years, we have also offered a free full day workshop.
- Fellowships - VACC makes available to student members two $1000 fellowships each year.
- Newsletters - Several newsletters a year, updating you about information that affects your practice and profession
- Website - VACC website (www.vacc.org) offers conference announcements, breaking news, useful information, handy links, easy contact with Board members, and more
- Representation - Our Board members liaison with a number of other organizations including the Board of Counseling, the American Mental Health Counselors Association, Virginians for Mental Health Equity, Fair Access Coalition on Testing, and the leadership of other provider groups within and outside our state
- Advocacy - We address any discrimination against LPCs in hiring or reimbursement practices
- Continuing Education - VACC provides conferences each year (reduced cost to members) and is planning collaborative workshops with other organizations
- Lobbying - VACC has a history of creating and advancing legislation to improve your professional opportunities. Examples include the 1987 passage of legislation mandating third party reimbursement, the 1993 revision of our statutes, the passage of legislation to enable us to be reimbursed by Medicaid, and others. We also monitor legislation introduced each year through our Government Relations Committee and post information on our website and newsletters should it be necessary to mobilize our members
- Regional Groups - VACC has three active regional groups in Hampton Roads, Richmond, and Northern Virginia that afford members the opportunity to know each other personally and work on issues of local interest. We expect to add and revive chapters in other parts of the state
- Leadership Opportunities - Board membership provides opportunities to expand leadership skills and enhance one's visibility and networking ability, while serving your profession
- Personal Growth - Many have developed valuable professional relationships and personal friendships through their involvement in VACC activities